Monday, February 18, 2008

Too Much Perfume

Steve at the wonderful Shadows and Light blog, brought this article to my attention. In case you didn't already know... Hey people! There are way too many perfumes out there, and we need to take a break!

Shocking, isn't it?


Let's be real, there are a whole lot of real big stinkers out there, and people are wearing scents that other people absolutely hate. Just because a note is "interesting" doesn't mean other people want to smell it everytime they are forced to interact with you.

What ever happened to wearing a drop or two of sexy perfume at night, with your significant other, who loves it? This same scent has no business smelling up the workplace.

This is why I applaud light scents like Cuir Beluga by Guerlain. Since it didn't knock people out, it was called bland or too light. In fact it is a wonderful and extremely well crafted daytime scent. I don't want to smell people who are standing 4 feet away from me.

I only really want to smell my close friends. And I don't want them to reek of perfumey plastic, tar, raspberry jam, jet fuel, or chocolate. I want them to smell like them, with maybe a very light touch of forest or flower.