Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Everyday Reality

Sometimes you walk around, and even in familiar surroundings things feel completely imaginary. Life is a puzzle you just can't solve.
This photo reminds me of old drive-in theaters for some reason. Maybe because my truck looks as if it is parked close to a screen with a scene on it, rather than in a real place.




Sometimes the news is just bad and bad again. It takes you to places you've never been and has you worrying about people you've never met.



Sometimes you have to be a little creative to make it through the day. Stepping cautiously around mindless bullshit, avoiding encounters with ignorant, fearful, intolerant people, and just trying to deflect some of the sad and surreal stuff you might find in your path.


Sometimes you have to remind yourself to stop and understand, to value your intuition and appreciate all of the good that there is in the world. It helps to know that love is real.



"I see the morning light
I see the morning light
Well it's not because
I'm an early riser
I didn't go to sleep last night."
~Bob Dylan