Friday, June 22, 2007

Let's Hope That the Roof Stays On

Catskill Mtns. Update: A new roof over my head. The new roof replaced "old leaky roof" and was tested by lots of heavy rain. The new roof is superfine.


"I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone.
You always said people don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent.
And I always said, "Hang on to me, baby, and let's hope that the roof stays on."
--From the song
"Brownsville Girl" written by Bob Dylan and Sam Shepard.


My search for WiFi in the Catskills was arduous. The local college library summer staff didn't know the password, and the local internet cafe is only open on weekends. I am going back up to the mountains tonight, so I will check the cafe out this weekend.


I finally found a pub that had signs proclaiming it was also an internet cafe, but the barmaid told me "The thingie is broken." So my attempts to blog from the Catskills went nowhere. The libraries have their own computers, however there were long waits to use one. I felt like I had climbed this ladder and ended up on the rooftop, stranded, unable to even read any of my favorite blogs. I was dying to know what Merle was up to!



I got a mini bottle of Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier. A light warm woodsy fragrance, slightly almondy. (iris, musk, patchouli, amber) Smells good on a man, so it should be a unisex scent. So light it doesn't last long-- of course it might wear better in winter. Nice bottle design.