Monday, January 28, 2008

Go Green

Some people have been commenting that they are struggling with seasonal affective disorder right now, so I thought I'd do a green post. There are lots of things you can do to lift your spirits. On sunny days, get some sun! I drag myself to the widest windowsill at dawn and stretch out. It helps a lot. Also eat fresh greens and something fresh like nice green kiwi fruits. Dance a little. Wear a scent that smells like summertime. Scent your water with a fresh lime slice.


My favorite green floral scents are Cabotine de Gres and Gucci's Envy. But there are plenty of scents out there that will lift us out of the winter doldrums.


My favorite fougere is Jicky, created by Guerlain in 1889. I also like Maja by Myrurgia (1921) The whole fougere category of fragrances isn't exactly ferny, but they do evoke a mossy, almost damp forest on a summer afternoon, with a fresh lavender scented breeze wafting through. Most fougeres are very aromatic and manly like Egoiste Platinum by Chanel for example. There are a half dozen subcategories of fougeres. Some are sweet, some are spicy, some are floral. There is a fougere for every man.