Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Notes

I was given a generous sample of Versace by Versace (2007)
and have been wearing it the last few days. The idea that there is a note called "Living Dew Drop" in it just makes me smile ~ although I don't think I could pick it out in a crowd of notes. It also has notes of Azalea, Wisteria, Lotus,Orchid, Jasmine, Amber, Musk, Woods, and Vetiver. I think I'll wear it again tomorrow.

"I like perfume and flowers."
~Donatella Versace



"I hate flowers - I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe







I'm going away for a few days, but blogger has this option of posting scheduled posts, so I may post a couple of perfume reviews to be published while I'm gone.


Here is what I found blooming in The Catskill Mountains last weekend: assorted apple blossoms,two headed daffodils, wild strawberry, grape hyacinths, dandelions. The lilacs are going to bloom soon. The blueberries have their little white bell blossoms and the plum and pear trees are gorgeous too. It's a pretty high elevation by Catskill standards, so spring comes a bit later, which is very pleasant.

Top photo: Maple pods still connected in Catskills
Next photos: Tiny Turkish tulip, Chedwick, Fleurs du Catskills