Sunday, May 4, 2008

Scented Trees

I picked a blossom off of this tree and tucked it into an outside pocket on my handbag. Shortly after, a woman approached me and pointed to my bag. "Where did you get that flower?" I told her from a tree around the corner, she wanted to know where this tree was and told me it was a sacred flower. What could I say? I smiled and said it smelled sweet and too sharp at the same time. She told me it was good luck to have it, and went off to find the tree to get a blossom for herself.

Last year I was waiting for someone in a park, and started sniffing the air... the blossoms on a nearby tree smelled really good. But when I approached the tree and sniffed, the blossoms weren't exuding any perfume at all. Then I saw the source: a small woman dressed in grey sweats pacing back and forth on the other side of the tree. I thought I recognized her scent as something by Dior, so I asked what she was wearing. It was J'Adore. (That stuff is fine.) She was wearing way too much, but you can't tell a person that. Good thing it was a breezy day.

From Sephora's website: J'Adore notes:
Mandarin, Champaca Flowers, Ivy, African Orchid, Rose, Violet, Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood, Blackberry Musk.
Style: For the confident, sensual woman who celebrates her femininity - this is Dior's golden girl.






I hope Dan the Tree Man stops by to identify these trees.