Friday, April 27, 2007

From Under the Umbrella

It looks like the rain dripping off of my umbrella is watering a daffodil.


Got a very late start this morning, so I had to share my walk with some commuters and schoolbuses. I walked past one of my favorite little garden nooks.

It takes about ten minutes to get to where the action is, if you are a medium-slow walker. I meandered around, taking blurry shots of wet forsythia and so forth, so by the time I got to the river, the camera was full. At least I remembered to bring the camera with me today.


The busy business district of Mytown, U.S.A. is ahead. In the distance you can see our beautiful Russian Orthodox Church. They have an incredible set of bells, a carillon, that are hand-played instead of automatic. It is something nice to watch and hear.



"I stood unwound beneath the skies
And clouds unbound by laws.
The cryin' rain like a trumpet sang
And asked for no applause.
Lay down your weary tune, lay down,
Lay down the song you strum,
And rest yourself 'neath the strength of strings
No voice can hope to hum."
--Bob Dylan



"Summer is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating;
there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
--John Ruskin