Sunday, March 4, 2007

Save The Whales


Cuir Beluga: (No whales were harmed in the making of this perfume) The odd name simply refers to the feeling of one note in the blend, and the idea of ambergris, not the real thing. A beautiful white whale was the visual inspiration for this exclusive scent from Guerlain. It deserves a place on the top shelf alongside Shalimar and L'Heure Bleue. Perfumer Olivier Polge has used a light touch with each note, creating a masterpiece.
Notes include: Everlasting Flower, Heliotrope, A 'White Leather' Quinoline, Mandarin Orange Zest, Amber, Musk, and Vanilla.
Since I am not at all fan of "leather" scents, I had my doubts about this one. Apparently luxe leather smells extremely smooth and light, not anywhere as heavy as a leather car interior or motorcycle jacket. This leather is a hint, a feminine whisper. This is a stunning scent.


Just like you I'm wondrin' what I'm doin' here.
Just like you I'm wondrin' what's goin' on.
--Bob Dylan